Thank you for agreeing to present at the 2021 Future Ready Conference: Rise Above: ReThink, ReDesign, ReImagine
This website will assist you in with the information you need to know for the presenting at this conference.
Submit Session Information – Required for All Presenters
The form below will direct you to submit your session and presenter information which will be displayed on the event website. Please do so prior to May 20, 2021.
We have provided a PowerPoint template branded for the 2021 Future Ready Conference.
Please use this template in developing your presentation. Please try to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please do not change the design, fonts, or bullet levels. This will enable us to maintain a consistent brand across sessions.
- Keep text on the slides brief — flesh out the details in the presenter note script. People will be viewing the event on monitors of varying sizes, so slides with excessive text may be difficult to read. We suggest keeping font sizes to 24 point or larger.
- You are encouraged to include images, graphs, or other visual elements in your slides. If using content that is not included with PowerPoint please ensure you have acquired the rights to these materials. Consider using content from third-party sites (e.g., https://pixabay.com/ or https://www.pexels.com/) that offer royalty-free images. Include attribution if requested.
- Please avoid complicated animations in your PowerPoint. If you use animation, please use only “appear” as the animation type (avoid flying, bouncing, and spinning animations that may be distracting). Keep in mind that we will be sharing these slides in PDF format following the event, so these visualizations will not be obvious.
- Please keep the general format of the opening and closing slides. Everything in the middle is up to you.
- To ensure section 508 compliance (accessibility), be sure to enter a title on each slide.
- Include the full URL for all links, (e.g., https://www.education.ne.gov/) and please make sure the link is active and correct.
The Future Ready conference event site will go live on June 1, 2021. Beginning that date, you should be able to see the event schedule, session information, and presenter bios. Please check your session and presenter listings and inform us of any errors ASAP.
Hosting Your Session in Zoom
On the day of the conference, links to join your session will populate on the event website. Note: you will likely not be able to join the Zoom meeting for your session until 10 minutes prior to your scheduled start time. To allow you time to get acclimated with presenting via Zoom, we will host a Tech Check one week prior to the event (see “Tech Check” section below).
To join your session, you will use the same link as the public provided on the event website under your session listing. Once you have entered into the meeting, follow the steps outlined in the video to claim host controls. This will allow you to share your screen, utilize breakout rooms, and mute participants if needed.
The “host key” needed to claim control is 101010.
We will host a tech tech period on June 1st from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm and June 2nd from 2:00pm to 5:00pm Central time to make sure that you are able to get settled in and everything working correctly. During this period, a link to an open Zoom meeting will be available below. Use this link to:
- Make sure you can open Zoom and join a room
- Test “claiming host” using the provided host key
- Ensure you can share your screen
- confirm your microphone and speakers are connected and functional
Meeting Management Strategies
- Consider having your welcome slide posted for participants to see as they come in the room.
- Start and End on time- consider setting a timer for your presentation-real time seems different than live mode
- Use the chat feature to encourage people to respond to questions or share ideas
- Ask participants to monitor video if “internet is unstable” or the server connection is overloaded
- Consider not allowing participants to unmute unless they use the “non-verbal feedback” feature
- When presenting
- Make sure you are well lit,
- Find a quiet space with limited background noise
- if possible connect via hardwire and/or coordinate with others in the household to limit devices connections.
- Zoom Room Host:
- Introduce your presenter-know how to pronounce name and give the title of the session. Optional to give background info – make it as personable as possible
- Paste the link to the conference/session survey into the chat toward the end of session and remind participants to fill it out. bit.ly/FRNSurvey
- As needed- check and rename any inappropriately named participants
- Monitor raised hands (and other non-verbal feedback) in the participant window
- Assist the presenter in monitoring the chat and offering questions from the group (ask presenter if questions will be addressed throughout the presentation or at end of presentation)
- Mute participant(s) video if needed (eg: inappropriately dressed participant) (when muted, make sure to check their profile picture they may have chosen something inappropriate)
- Remove participant(s) from meeting if needed(note they will not be able to join this same Zoom room until that session is over)
If you have question, or need to reach out to the event organizer, please contact our Conference and Event Specialist Jeannie Chastain at email@example.com.