Whether recording your presentation ahead of time or presenting live, we recommend keeping the following top-of-mind as you prepare for your virtual presentation:
- Use a wired internet connection if possible. Perhaps the one thing that causes most issues during recording/presenting is your internet connection. By physically plugging in, you are able to secure a much more reliable connection vs using WiFi.
- Coordinate with others in your household to power down devices sharing your internet. This helps open more bandwidth for your connection, better ensuring a quality audio/video feed from you.
- Close other apps on your computer. This will help limit the number of programs trying to access the internet on your connection.
- Run an internet speed test and make sure your upload speeds are sufficient (10 Mbps or higher is preferred).
- Make sure to check your microphone and camera for quality ahead of our call.
- Please make sure your lighting is good. We want your face to be illuminated. Add a lamp, or face a window to add more light to your face if needed. Avoid being strongly backlit, such as having a window behind you.
- Coordinate with others in your household to make sure your area is quiet for your recording time.
- Check the area behind you and make sure it looks professional.
- Consider your camera placement. Elevate your camera if needed to help keep your camera at eye level. This is the most flattering angle.